Pages

27 June, 2009

Ear Worms

The way I go through music can (and has) driven many a friend temporarily mad. If I hear a song I really enjoy at first blush, I will play it on my itunes. On loop. For at least the next hour, if not couple hours. This method has greatly helped me through countless papers, take-home exams, and stupidly long problem sets. (Damn you, GEOS 216!) There must be some thing about the Psychology of background noise... I don't know. I never took a class on it. And while I'm not exactly proud that I listened to 'In Cairo' by Hot Hot Heat 76 times back to back while writing a my final for forensic psych this past spring, but I am rather impressed that I was able to keep my boyfriend who sat next to me through it all. That solidifies the song's greatness, for me. (And also proved to be an excellent test of will for the bf.)

So, in honor of all songs that rock AND the fact that I am (still) cleaning out my room, I'm posting songs that are so infectious one might be able to listen to them indefinitely. I'm not suggesting you should actually do it, but if push came to shove... you could.

AND- because blogger doesn't yet have a proper way to embed video, enjoy the youtube.


Ok, It's Alright With Me- Eric Hutchinson
Dorky white boy singing the "blues"? Sign me up. It's a terrible music video to a terrific-ly catchy song.


This is the Thing- Fink
Hauntingly beautiful, melancholy, and chill, I listened to this all fall through two long anthropology papers AND the final exam. It is my anthro anthem.



Plane- Jason Mraz
This is the song I listened to on loop throughout my entire A.P. Art portfolio senior year of high school. The total was 277 times. Just try and tell me that's not impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment