Pages

05 October, 2009

Another Monday in the Real World

Boy, real life just keeps getting better and better.

This past week alone at my "part-time" job at the restaurant (side note: do other part-time jobs work 40 hours a week too? I think they are mistaken...) my hostess stand has been thrown up on twice. Let me repeat that: there were TWO separate occasions of vomit at the hostess stand. Both were by grown men and occurred during daylight hours, and the second time was amazingly at 11:00am. I feel fully justified in my assertion that this restaurant is not like a normal restaurant. Lucky me.

Secondly, my roommate and I have finally won the war with Comcast. It's the little things in life. Like the fact that I can now watch Glee outside of Hulu.com. Hello, pop culture! How much I have missed you.

Thirdly, I actually went out to eat at a restaurant with friends on Saturday night. This excursion had many perks- I had no dishes to clean afterwards! I got to leave my apartment! I still have friends! All of which were pleasant surprises. And I got lost both on my way there and on my way home, so it felt just like always. (read: i take the "scenic route" most places. A big apology to RyanJane and Dan, whom I led into Charlestown last night taking the ol' round about 40 minute walk instead of the 15 minute one googlemaps had told me to take. But the city is gorgeous at night! So there was an upside.)

This week, the majority of my earnings have been from doing psych studies. I get to talk about myself (yay) and answer questions about my life (sweet) and get paid (awesome!!) as well as feel that I am in however small a part contributing to the greater good by furthering the study into the human psyche. You're welcome! What other wonders will this week bring?

1 comment:

  1. Just popped over from Lollygags site to say Hi!
    Gosh, that has been an exciting week-end! How on earth can you work 40 hours and say that it is part-time! I feel so sorry for these people who are at every one else's beck and call, yet get no thanks in return! I have read something very much the same about this guy who works in a take-away and studies too! Sometimes I wonder how he manages it!
    Anyway, just so you don't think that I'm some sort of mad woman, I was interested in your profile. I run too, and that's how I got hooked on Blogging! I proved to the world, well to me anyway, that it is impossible to run and talk while going backwards! Result...a broken ankle! So to stop myself from going totally mad, I started to write, and it just snowballed from there. I LOVE blogging, and getting to know people, so give me a visit!
    You also have another follower!

    ReplyDelete