Pages

14 December, 2009

Edge of Existence

Friends, I have reached the edge of existence: the point in one's life where the decision between carrying on with life, and not, comes perilously close. When every breath is a labor, and the actions of looking back or moving forward both cut equally deep, so one is forced to a crossroads of indecision. Lacking motivation, zest, music in my heart of hearts.

For today my ipod passed. And with it, the majority of my music collection. Thousands and thousands of songs, vanishéd into the air around me where they weigh heavily, quietly on my heart. On my very soul. An (admittedly) young lifetime of enthusiastically collecting and trading, making mixes, spending obsessive hours scouring radio stations playlists and other's personal music stashes, as well as generous sessions analyzing lyrics... all for naught. Naught, I say. In Julia's words, "I want my tears, so I can feel my sadness." So wise for a six year old.

Please send all (good) music to 09emf@williams.edu. Do the right thing. It's Christmastime.

No comments:

Post a Comment